Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£18900 - £25200 per annum + depending on experience
4 months ago
Our client a leading Internationally recognised Manufacturer are looking to recruit an experienced Zone Leader to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
The main purpose of your role will be to ensure that the departments and company meet all manufacturing targets, while continuing to improve on quality of product, reduction of waste and efficiencies of the line and its operators.
* You will be a hands on visible Team Member and lead by example
* You will manage line operations to deliver on manufacturing and quality KPIs and advise management team, with regard to any issues on the line/department, preventing the success of meeting these.
* Assist in the continuous improvement of the line/department through analysing line rates, work rates, SOPs, skills sets/abilities of Operators and liaise with management team to establish solutions to enhance the process
* Ensure that you instil quality as one of the main objectives for the operator, along with reducing waste where possible - liaising with Operators, Management and Engineering Teams to develop solutions.
* Facilitate change overs for adjustment or complete conversion in product.
* Ensure that all associated paperwork is completed accurately in accordance with various guidelines.
* Liaise with Engineering department, to ensure any planned maintenance activities are taken into consideration when planning for your team to hit production rates
* Ensure awareness/compliance within the working environment and to company policies and procedures including Health and Safety.
* Troubleshooting on problems as they arise.
* Must have previous experience of leading small teams within a manufacturing environment.
* Ideally have experience within a quality focused role
* Able to work on own initiative and in support of Production Managers and the overall business goals.
* Recognise improvement opportunities and support the team in achieving them.
* Must be Mechanically minded.
The hours of work are currently 2 shift rotation - 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm Monday to Friday (with an early finish on a Friday). There maybe a requirement for you to complete a 3 shift pattern on occasion, as well as overtime - so flexibility is key!