Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£21000 - £24000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading specialist manufacturer are looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse Supply Chain Team Leader to join their successful team based at their site in Aberdare.
In this role you will work in a challenging, fast paced, customer focused environment, with an exciting opportunity to progress. A proactive approach is key, you will be able to engage effectively with customers and other stakeholders, lead a small team, to continuously develop and implement strategies to deliver best in class customer service along with leading a warehouse team to deliver best practices. You will be accountable for coordinating all supply chain related tasks with various departments whilst adhering to HSE, site and personal health & safety requirements. Responsible for implementation and team adherence of department processes and procedures, Responsible for all material movements, incoming, internal, and dispatch. Maintaining accurate stock through process driven systems, whilst continually implementing improvements.
* Ensure safe working practise is followed in respect to all areas on site - SOP's implemented, reviewed and updated.
* Coordinating the completion 5S audits throughout the warehouse monitoring results.
* Maintain safe and tidy storage areas using 5S and WGLL (What Good Looks Like system).
* Ensure daily and equipment inspections (racking, FLT's, ramp), including safe working load inspections are being undertaken.
* Reporting any unsafe working issues - through near miss or red card process, including equipment, yard/warehouse areas and infrastructure (including pot holes), and liaise with maintenance department to resolve.
* Maintain up to date SOP's, RA's and skills matrix for the area
* To record all deliveries and cross check with relevant paper work.
* Ensuring the correct products is packaged adequately, delivered to the right location, on time and at a good cost.
* Prepare warehouse and yard area for finished goods stock take with an aim to hit stock accuracy KPIs
* Ensure all picks received before cut off are dispatched on correct service to ensure OTIF KPI targets are met
* Coordinate the on-time delivery of all required raw materials to productions lines
* Coordinate the movement of finished goods from shop floor to warehouse/yard ensuring they are booked in
* Ensure paperwork (delivery notes, shipment notes, collection notes) are all completed and processed or maintained in line with department procedures.
* Communicate capacity levels with planning and purchasing department.
* Manage scrap material for sale or re-use on site.
* Oversee customer order process with a view of ensure metrics are being met.
* Undertake follow up conversations with customers to ensure requirements are being met.
* Involved within a team to review supply chain processes with a view of continuous improvement and best practices.
* Help manage stock build and rotation.
The successful candidate:
* Previous experience working within a Warehouse/Customer Service environment in a Supervisory capacity.
* Hold a valid Counter Balance Fork truck licence would be advantageous
* Previous experience working with Continuous Improvement tools and techniques is essential.
* Must be computer literate with excellent communication skills
* Good attention to detail with the ability to meet project deadlines