Up to £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is leading service provider within its field. Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to appoint a Transport Manager to join their Carmarthen site.
The role is to manage the Transport Department and to ensure that the client meets all of their obligations set under the Operator's License and in accordance with UK and EU Laws governing vehicle safety and driver hours. To effectively manage all Drivers and Commercial Team members to ensure efficient and effective productivity always.
* Ensuring all targets are met within deadlines, without compromising quality or control of costs.
* To further develop the Commercial element of the Business, by providing excellent customer care/service.
* Maintaining excellent people management skills to successfully manage the Transport and Commercial Departments with the highest safety disciplines.
* Effectively communicate to team member's business developments, procedures and requirements and ensure they are clearly understood.
* Responsible for promoting the company health and safety culture always by understanding the company health and safety policy and ensuring that the arrangements detailed in it are implemented and maintained within their areas of responsibility.
* Ensure the compliance to all company health and safety procedures.
* Lead by example and display a positive attitude always.
* Keeping up-to-date on the Operator's License information and any legislative changes that may affect vehicle safety and driver hours.
* Ensure all Drivers understand their duties i.e. driver hours and ensuring they carry out daily vehicle checks. Any faults to vehicles must be reported immediately to the Finance Director with details of necessary repairs.
* Organise and manage the necessary work required on all vehicles I.e. MOT's, servicing of vehicles, 6 weekly checks.
* Accurate records of equipment / vehicle maintenance are consistently recorded, reported and any anomalies investigated.
* Log and analyse all driver hours, ensuring the Road Transport Working Time Directive is strictly adhered to and raising awareness of any breaches with the employee and escalating it when required.
* To monitor Driver performance and compliance via the Company tracker system.
* To manage all internal and external transport movements in line with the company requirements including recycling and waste transfers by liaising with Site Managers and all Commercial collections.
* To cross check all financial charges from external haulage companies to ensure correct movements and prices charged.
* To keep an accurate record and to monitor all fuel usage by Company vehicles.
* Manage sickness absence within the Department effectively and conduct Return to Work Interviews with all staff on their return.
* Managing team performance and individual performance.
* Managing probationary review meetings for new starters.
* Ensure that staff comply with the Employee Handbook including Health and Safety.
* To investigate any incidences that occur within the Department and report them to the Health and Safety Manager and HR Manager.
* CPC HOLDER
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Able to work to deadlines.
* Possessing strong organisational skills for planning activities and re-arranging quick response activities.
* Excellent people and communication skills.
* Must be able to deal with team/individual performance.
* Sense of urgency - make things happen/get results.
* Problem solving skills.