£15.04 - £21.21 per hour
25 days ago
Centric Recruitment's Filton based client is looking for a number of TIG welders.
General tasks include the use of tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding equipment, knowledge of aluminium brazing, silver soldering and orbital welding, the use of jigs and welding chambers to manufacture parts to achieve drawing limits.
* Ensure parts are produced on a 'right first time' basis
* Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
* Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the SAP system
* Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
* Adhering to the requirements of the GKNAF Quality Procedures
* Accountable for Health & Safety requirements under Section 7 of the HASAWA 1974
* To hold first party inspection approval (M02 status is subject to obtaining A stamp approval)
* Responsible for general housekeeping within the area
A recognised indentured Apprenticeship in welding practices or the equivalent NVQ standard. An understanding in welding, soldering and brazing thin plate stainless steel, titanium and aluminium to achieve Aircraft Standards.
Previous manufacturing experience in a factory environment would be desirable.
* Ability to work to standard operating procedures
* Must be able to work in small teams with Process Team Leaders
* Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support GKNAF continuous improvement initiatives
* Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
Qualifications need to be submitted and must be TIG Welding Certs City and Guilds 2 or NVQ3 - Coded Certs specific to one company are not recognised.
You will be required to pass a Trade Test which takes place at the Filton site - Tools are not required for the Trade Test.
Shift: Short period Core Days - Monday to Thursday 7am to 4.15pm and then you will work Double Day Shift Monday to Friday 6am to 1pm then 1pm to 8pm alternate weeks.