£10.63 - £11.51 per hour
9 months ago
Inspiration & Innovation
The client are looking to recruit a Technician - Purchasing to Join their team at Llanelli, South Wales
The client is a Leading Global Manufacturing Company supplying products to a number OEM Automotive Customers. With more than 70 Manufacturing & development centres spanning several continents with a desire to provide world-class automotive components, be leaders in Innovation and contribute to a sustainable society.
This position requires development of a supplier base consistent with price, quality and on-time delivery to support all production part and material requirements including supplier selection. A buyer is responsible for cost reduction initiatives and supply strategies for assigned commodities in support of corporate and individual goals. A buyer will assist in improvement activities and provide general staff support.
* Responsible for strategic sourcing of assigned commodity parts and cost reduction goals.
* Benchmarks assigned commodities, conducts market research and communicates directly with Global Acquired Parts ("GAP") buyers where and when applicable.
* Conduct supplier assessments for potential new suppliers.
* Sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests for quote (RFQ), evaluates and analyses results and recommends suppliers based on documented Quality, Cost, Delivery, Design, Management (QCDDM) in conformance with company standards, with focus on sourcing in Leading Cost-Countries ("LCC").
* Develops and executes sourcing strategies and prepares monthly reports to track and show sourcing strategy and progress, including achievement on spend reduction targets.
* Manage supply base to include renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
* Work with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plans and metrics to monitor performance.
* Visits supplier locations for Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE) workshops, tool audits, readiness audits, etc.
* Working with engineering, manufacturing, and other user groups to find cost savings opportunities.
* Prepares and monitors documents such as blanket and tooling requisitions, cost reduction worksheets, part analysis spreadsheets and industry trends of assigned commodities.
* Participates in and supports Alliance New Product Quality Procedure (ANPQP) activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
* Interface with internal customers on critical supplier issues as necessary.
* Interface with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part Production Part Approval Analysis (PPAP) and quality issues.
* This position will require some travel, globally or regionally depending on assigned commodities.
* This position may also lead special projects as assigned by senior leadership.
* Attends departmental training, company meetings, and HR training awareness sessions.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Willingness to learn.
* Must be able to work in team and cross-functional work environment.
* Candidate must possess a high level of independent judgment, professionalism, integrity and honesty and have record of obtaining goal-oriented results.
* Have strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
* A second European language is a plus.
You will have the ability & experience to:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related field relevant to Purchasing.
£21,559.50 - £23,350.81 (Depending on Experience)
Hours - 39 per week Monday to Friday
Free Car Parking