Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
5 months ago
Technical Support Engineer (Permanent)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
We are recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer. Our client, a market leader in the manufacture of semi-finished and finished products. The Applications and Technical Support Engineer will provide day-to-day assistance both internally and externally on technical queries relating to our high performance and engineering plastics range. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for offering a full technical support service to both external customers and the Company's internal network. This role will be expected to respond to all enquiries of a technical nature, assisting colleagues and customers alike and promoting the Company as a preferred partner.
* Provide both technical representation within the Company and for customers once a thorough understanding of the Company's high performance and engineering plastic range has been understood
* You will deliver a regular training program for employees of the Company, designed to impart knowledge reducing need to contact the Technical Support Engineer for more basic enquiries
* Assist on queries regarding product specification and material compliances/declarations
* Provide a training program for Sales and Warehouse employees to increase their knowledge of the Company's range of materials
* Work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to provide a technical input and expand the reach of our products
* Maintain and update the technical library.
* Assisting with the development of new applications for client materials.
* The technical nature of the role will involve some visits to potential customers.
* Foreign travel for training and support of the Company's global projects
* Travel will be required to support the Company's customer and branch structure.
* Recording and storing all communication and transactions in a legible and professional manner.
* Assisting with and attending relevant exhibitions/seminars and other Company presentations where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate:
* Educated to a degree level within an Engineering or Materials discipline
* Full driving licence
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of polymers will also prove advantageous, though training will be provided for the right applicant.
The package includes 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing up to 33 days with length of service, an additional day off for your Birthday, free car parking, 1 x salary life cover and 5% company contribution to a pension scheme after the probation period.