Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
about 2 months ago
Technical Sales/Support Engineer (Permanent)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
We are recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer for our client, a market leader in the manufacture of plastic products for industry. The Technical Sales Engineer will provide day-to-day assistance both internally and externally on technical queries relating to the high performance and engineering plastics range. You will be responsible for and manage customer projects you will be the link between your clients and the sales team providing pre and post sales technical advice and support about the product portfolio
* Provide both technical representation within the Company and for customers once a thorough understanding of the company's high performance and engineering plastic range has been understood
* You will play an active part in applications, work with sales and customer facing to translate and support with product specifications
* Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
* Assist on queries regarding product specification and material compliances/declarations
* Work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to provide a technical input and expand the reach of our products
* Maintain and update the technical library
* Due to the technical nature of the role will involve some visits to potential customers
* On occasion foreign travel for training and support of the Company's global projects
* Local travel will be required to support the Company's customer and branch structure
* Recording and storing all communication and transactions in a legible and professional manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
* A proven track record in a customer facing role.
* A degree in Polymer Science, Plastics Engineer or Materials discipline is essential
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Working knowledge of polymers will prove advantageous
* Must hold a full driving licence
The package includes 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing up to 33 days with length of service, an additional day off for your Birthday, free car parking, 1 x salary life cover and 5% company contribution to a pension scheme after the probation period.