Up to £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the Food Industry is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Cwmbran.
This role, reporting into the Site General Manager, will have overall responsibility for the management of the Technical function and resources to ensure planned and controlled business development and effective maintenance of quality and factory systems to meet customer standards at all times, ensuring they meet Business, Legislative and relevant accreditation body standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual who will form part of the Senior Management Team, building on the success that has already been achieved.
The Site Technical Manager will be responsible for:
* Managing the implementation of the Quality System by reviewing, auditing and training
* To take the lead on customer audits through to successful outcome
* To ensure timely completion of Customer Specifications
* To handle, monitor and analyse all customer complaints delivering robust corrective actions.
* To make recommendations for process improvement initiatives and to work with relevant departments on product improvements
* To continually monitor, and working in partnership with the hygiene manager, improve factory hygiene standards - To continually improve product quality
* To develop Technical Team through mentoring and coaching initiatives
* Responsible for investigation and verification of non-conformances
* Ensure packaging and label systems comply with current legislation
The successful candidate:
* Ideal candidates will be well qualified with knowledge of HACCP, due diligence and other specific subjects relating to food safety.
* A prove track record working as a Technical Manager within a food manufacturer
* Experienced dealing with BRC and retailers in relation to audits