Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £25000 per annum
8 days ago
Our client is leading Freight and Logistics Solutions Provider. They are now looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join the business.
As a Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be part of a busy Multi Modal/Customer service team and have the following responsibilities:
* Dealing with OOG, Charter, DG, express & general freight enquiries
* Taking bookings from customers by telephone and email
* Communication with overseas Offices / agents, suppliers and carriers
* Providing pricing and solutions on all modes of transport to clients
* Responding to client enquiries -Ensure customer SOP's are followed
* Updating customers with the status of shipments
* Sending pre-alerts and flight details to customers and overseas office/agent
* Entering Shipment data
* Confirming rates with suppliers and job costing
* Problem solving, dealing with enquiries.
* All aspects of customer service
* Adaptability to prioritize own workloads.
* Minimum 1 year's freight forwarding knowledge
* Good IT skills
* Good Communication and customer service skills.
* An understanding of all modes, Air, Road and courier import and export