Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£22000 - £24000 per annum
15 days ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the FMCG sector is looking to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Coordinator join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
Applicants will need previous experience within expediting or progress chasing, supply chain, purchasing, logistics or customer liaison.
The Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that packaging and raw materials are available to meet production demand. The ability to build rapport with suppliers is key - a confident and strong approach to managing suppliers is required.
The role is an extremely busy role hence the right candidate needs to be committed with excellent time management skills.
* Management of open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and materials availability.
* Co-ordinating the smooth movement of materials from supplier to production availability.
* Assess materials allocations and production plan to forecast and request materials requirements.
* Extensive Liaison/chasing of suppliers.
* Building excellent rapport with suppliers and internal customers.
* Coordinating and communicating with internal staff.
* Managing supplier/internal customer performance.
* Experienced in maintaining information within Sage for MRP functionality.
* Resolving queries through quality management systems.
* Monthly reporting based on company/department objectives.
The successful candidate:
* Must have a proven track record working in a similar role.
* You must have good communication skills both oral and written and will be expected to display professional skills to suppliers and internal customers.
* Advanced Excel skills
* Confident with PowerPoint Presentations
* Experience with MRP systems, SAGE would be a distinct advantage.