£19800 - £20900 per annum
3 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer is looking to recruit an experienced Spray Booth Operator to join their successful team based at their site in Chepstow.
Accountable to the Production Supervisor but reporting directly to the Team Leader on a day-to-day basis, the Spray Booth Operator is part of a small team responsible for the operation of the powder booth in a vertical powder coating plant within a manufacturing facility.
The role responsibilities:
* Set-up and monitor the spray booth for correct operation to meet customer and national quality standards
* Complete colour changes in a timely manner understanding the impact of different colour change procedures on quality
* To analyse technical / quality problems with the process / product and implement solutions quickly and effectively
* Schedule the work to maximise productivity and achieve quality requirements
* To complete relevant paperwork in line with process
* To understand customer needs in line with the needs of the business
* To keep up to date and respond accordingly to all enquiries
* To liaise with and assist internal staff where required, promptly and in a professional manner
* To attend meetings, training programmes, etc. as directed by management
* To provide feedback to all other areas of the business to ensure continuous improvement of our services.
The successful candidate:
* Previous experience of working in a similar role, specifically a thorough and practical understanding of the powder booth, the control panel and associated powder handling / recycling system
* Proven experience of working in a similar environment
* Physically capable as heavy lifting may be involved
* Proven experience of working in an organised and structured way
* Previous experience of working in a fast-growing company
* Ability to understand production paperwork, including engineering drawings
* Computer literate
* Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
* Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
* Ability to build constructive working relationships with colleagues
* Excellent time keeping skills.
* Ability to work proactively and flexibly
Must be able to work shifts: 7:30am - 3:30pm, 12:00noon - 8:00pm Monday to Friday.
Benefits to include a contributory pension of up to 3%.