£28000 - £30000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturing company id looking to recruit an experienced Shift Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Cwmbran.
To manage all aspects of production, whilst maintaining a constant focus on health and safety and employee welfare.
To lead a shift and promote the company's open democratic culture, whilst effectively meeting the demands of the customer through focusing on quality, service delivery, cost and efficient process control. Such that the plan is achieved with all product and processes meeting GMP requirements.
* To manage and control all production activities, adhering to Company policies that support Safe and Compliant manufacture of products, delivered on time and in full.
* To drive a 'continuous improvement' culture throughout your team to continuously improve productivity.
* Initiate and support any projects relating to process improvements leading to; waste reduction, labour efficiency and productivity increases, safer working practices, etc.
* Maintain and seek to improve labour efficiency throughout the shift, through cross training of line capabilities and roles, leading to budgeted control and improvements
* Ability to work within a fast-paced demanding environment, requiring multitasking skills crossing multiple activities.
* Identify root cause(s) of production downtime and introduce effective actions to eliminate/reduce.
* To promote quality to your team as a key performance measure and ensure quality standards are maintained and improved.
* To ensure that all Company policies, procedures and systems are consistently adhered to at all times.
* To align L&D activity with the needs of the shift to ensure consistency, as identified through training needs analysis and a thorough understanding of the business need.
* To adopt a people first mentality by promoting safe working practices as a prerequisite to all activity and taking prompt and decisive action in 'near miss'/accident investigation and wherever breaches occur.
* To support GMP adherence in all production areas, while implementing CAYG.
* To continually review the company skills matrix system and use this as a motivational tool for skills development and succession planning, maintaining required skills on each shift.
* To manage all HR issues relating to your team, i.e. attendance, punctuality, discipline, grievance, etc. consistently and in accordance with the Company's procedures.
* To be a key driver in daily operations to improve performance and communication
The successful candidate:
* 2 years Factory Management/ Supervisory experience as a minimum
* Motivational Leader
* Must be a team player
* Excellent planning & prioritising skills
* Analytical problem solver
* Effective Communication / negotiation skills