Up to £41400 per annum + Generous benefits
5 months ago
The Shift Operations Manager provides leadership and management across the full Operations function to ensure that, through their shift teams, all production areas on the shift meet their objectives ensuring the production plan is met safely, to the required line efficiency, product quality, and hygiene standards.
* Accountable for managing the shift team, operating the factory in delivering the production plan to agreed product specification and performance targets in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements, Food Safety requirements, Legislative requirements, GMP and company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for ensuring that the production requirements are met in a sustainable manner by facilitating growth and development of the people on the shift to be a self-managing team in line with the site's longer term growth and development strategies and big plans
* Accountable for the organisation, leadership and control of all activities within the factory on a shift basis ensuring highest quality products are produced at lowest possible cost, on time, safely and by a demonstrably competent, performance orientated workforce.
* Supporting the Operations Managers/Area Team Leaders to ensure all shift team members understand the company's goals and objectives and their role in achieving them by delivering engaging briefs and training sessions, supporting the training plan delivery to facilitate this.
* Accountable for the working environment and the maintenance and improvement of the standards always meeting with (and exceeding) company requirements.
* Identifying improvements/Kaizen and working with Area Team Leaders and Operations Management team to make them happen
* Managing any emergency or potential disaster in line with the company's DRP
* Managing any unannounced audits in relation to Quality or Safety (or any official external body e.g. HSE) outside of normal working hours
* Managing investigations in to breaches of rules, accidents or catastrophic failures in real time
* Conducting performance improvement meetings and formal meetings in accordance with the company disciplinary procedures
Level 5/Diploma - HNC/D
Food Safety & Hygiene/Quality/HACCP/H&S Qualifications
Proven experience of managing teams within a fast paced production environment.
Results orientated implementation of continuous improvement techniques.
Previous exposure to a GMP environment