£37500 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
4 months ago
£37,500 - £40,000/annum (flexible for the right candidate)
(3 Shift Rota - 1 week of days, 1 week of nights and 1 week of afternoons)
This is an outstanding and exciting opportunity for you to join a world leading automotive manufacturer, who are seeking a Shift Manager to join their very successful and skilled team - working within their manufacturing areas, reporting directly to the Factory Manager.
The successful candidates will be required to work a three-shift rota system and will oversee the day to day operational running of the Press Shop, Mould Shop and CNC areas.
You will be required to manage, co-ordinate and direct a shift production team to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through process, people management and motivation. Constantly focusing on customer satisfaction delivered through continuous improvement and effective product cost management by driving performance.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Compliance to H&S regulations and procedures, to ensure the safety of all site personnel.
- Monitor and audit work processes, to maintain quality work to ensure Right First Time (RFT) and customer satisfaction. Following guidelines. as set out in the quality management system.
- Direct immediate staff towards business objectives in line with the business strategy.
- To motivate and lead members of team in accordance with customer requirements and processes laid out in company policies and Quality Standards including product standard operating procedures.
- Staff training and development, ensuring processes and procedures are being followed, and maintenance/upkeep of training matrix.
- To provide a positive, 'can do' approach to management, whilst leading the team by example. To provide supportive management to coach, develop and motivate their team.
- To identify and implement lean manufacturing techniques with the use of VSMs, 5S, Visual Management, Kan Bans Poka Yoke, etc and work in conjunction with other departments/Shifts.
- To manage staff levels and absence to ensure production supervision levels are maintained to meet production KPIs.
- To provide clear and concise production performance information in a timely manner as required daily, weekly, monthly.
- To undertake other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Carry out disciplinary action/Investigation as and when required up to and including Final Stage Written warning.
- Ensure all shifts work cohesively to achieve customer requirements.
- Resource planning ensure the right people with the right skills are available to manufacture customer demand.
- To conduct staff appraisals as per the HR schedule.
- To deliver key information in a timely a clear method. To develop cross shift communication.
- Review and promote the company vision, mission statement and values.
- To monitor and deliver on time out of hours shipping requirements.
Key Skill Requirements:
- ILM Level 5 in People Management
- Preferably from an automotive, aerospace or similar industy
- IOSH or equivalent H&S qualification (Desirable, not essential)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Inspirational leadership skills.
- Proven experience of managing a team.
- Ability to manage and work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and robust in an ever-changing environment.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and prioritise workload.
- The ability to achieve set targets.