£38000 - £45000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client a leading UK Operator of some of the UK's leading price comparison sites are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Software Developer to join their development team based at their site in Cardiff.
A fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK.
This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic senior developer to join an existing software team in delivering cutting edge web applications.
You will have a mixture of both back end and front-end web development experience gained using a range of .Net related technologies within an Agile/Scrum environment.
You will undertake a hands-on development role whilst mentoring less experienced members of the team, leading technical discussions and providing technical leadership.
* Show leadership and experience in architecting solutions that meet the needs of the business
* Full stack development - from using front end technologies like AngularJS to database technologies such as SQL Server and everything in between - MVC, Web API, WCF
* Technical point of contact for the team
* Demonstrate an interest in coding standards and champion best practice
* Ensure code quality is met through participating in code reviews and testing frameworks
* Take accountability of issues/incidents and lead through to resolution
* Manage stakeholders effectively
* Develop new products and add features to existing .NET applications
* Develop MVC and Web Forms applications
* Develop Web Services/APIs
* Maintain existing applications
* Diagnose and fix bugs
The successful candidate:
* Degree educated in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field (desirable)
* Certified Scrum Master (desirable)
* Solid experience within in a lead development position
* Extensive experience with .Net in particular C# and MVC
* Working within an agile environment (desirable)
* Knowledge in C#, MVC, HTML5/CSS/jQuery
* Entity Framework
* Web Forms (desirable)
* Web Services - REST/SOAP (desirable)
* Relational databases e.g. SQL (desirable)
* Dependency Injection (desirable)
* Unit testing (desirable)
* Principles of responsive web design (desirable)
* Understanding of database indexing, performance tuning methods and tools.
* Writing performant queries using SQL / dapper.