£27000 - £30000 per annum
6 months ago
Permanent Role Based Heathrow, Hounslow
Job Title: Quotation Specialist - Senior Customer Services
Department: Import and Export - London Heathrow
Salary: £ 27,000
Our client a leading global specialist within the Freight and Logistics sector is looking to recruit an experienced Quotation Specialist to join their successful Operations team based at their site at London Heathrow.
You will be the focal point for development of centralised quotations at Heathrow to support the customer service activities. To work with departments and colleagues to ensure a strong attitude approach towards enhancing the quotation product and to achieve successful growth. To allow customer services to be able to focus more time on customer requirements which are becoming more complex, especially for new customers. Develop a clear path for quotation management and follow up to ensure maximum return for the investment. Include others where required for coverage and resource support. Provide feedback to General Manager.
There is a need to maximise returns on the quotations. So many more pricing requests have been for more complex (detailed or door to door) or ad hoc as one of several preferred forwarders. There is an opportunity to further develop our strategy for LHR in the following areas:
* Focal point for quotes to action. Relationship development
* Speed of response and enhanced recording.
* Follow up based on time frames and expected move dates.
* Ensure quality of information received to provide best solutions.
* Forecast the various elements of a quotation
* Pre-defined route pricing - support route development plans with feedback
* Combining all the elements. Origin, freight, destination, options and considering feedback from Transport, Gateway and overseas offices.
* Feedback on business we never win i.e. multiple quotations but no business.
* Entirely down to operators based on their client requirements.
* Timely communication, expert knowledge, options and relationships
* Excellent levels of Customer Service / pricing
The Successful Candidate:
- Substantial experience of working with various modes of transport
- Experience of conducting reports and feedback
- Understanding of airfreight products
- Negotiation skills
- Adherence to timescale management
- Full understanding of market pricing and pricing skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Enthusiasm & Flexibility
- Previous airfreight experience essential
- Consignment planning
- Packaging and temperature controls
- Evaluation and working to deadlines
- Familiar with use of ICT i.e. word, excel
- Written English of an excellent standard.
- A foreign language would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
- Professional Experience essential