5 months ago
Job Role: Senior Corporate Lawyer
Hours: 35 hours - Monday to Friday
CLOSING DAY 31ST MAY 2018
Our client is a is a national law practice of around 1000 employees operating from offices in Bristol, Solihull, Leeds, Surrey, Cardiff and London, and our associated practice in Edinburgh, we also have employees based in onsite client offices in Whitstable.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effect and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
Our busy Corporate team, based in Bristol, is looking for an experienced Corporate Lawyer to help with a constant flow of transactional and commercial work. Recent work-streams have included major company and business acquisitions and sales for household name clients, as well as joint ventures, finance, private equity investment and a variety of commercial and contract work.
This is a senior post and the successful candidate will manage their own caseload of high value commercial and corporate matters. They will be part of a friendly, close-knit and highly motivated group of people who believe in achieving client objectives and delivering a top-quality service to our loyal clients. We are particularly strong in the food sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Corporate Solicitor who is looking to further develop their career, with clear progression opportunities.
- Take responsibility for running transactions;
- Teamwork on larger high value corporate transactions;
- Show a sound understanding and technical knowledge of company law;
- Effective communication with clients and other members of the team;
- Involvement in marketing initiatives and attendance at networking events;
- Assist in training members of staff and contributing to the department's 'know how' systems.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Experience of running corporate transactions;
- Strong technical skills and knowledge, especially in document drafting;
- Ability to analyse complex legal problems and suggest effective solutions;
- Good people skills;
- Self-sufficient whilst also having the necessary qualities to work as part of a team;
- Possess excellent problem solving, organisational and communication skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and targets;
- Solicitor with several years of good Corporate experience.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals. With the Investors in People accreditation since 1998, we positively encourage our staff to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of the contribution of our staff.
Our wide range of benefits include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, childcare vouchers, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have an active social committee and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment.