Up to £21000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client a leader in the medical devices sector are growing their team. Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for an experienced Service Technician professional. Excellent company benefits with opportunity for career progression.
Full Time Permanent Role
Salary: £21,000 (plus on-call 1in3 £100 per week)
The service technician is responsible for the preparation, installation and maintenance of specialist medical devices / equipment, following customer purchase/rental agreements in the community and acute environments. You will have a flexible attitude to working additional hours to ensure company and customer deadlines/demands are met. A full driving license is essential to this role (6 points max).
* Installation, maintenance and removal of medical and/or devices equipment, working to daily, weekly and monthly planned installation/maintenance plans
* Decontamination of medical devices upon return from customer sites
* Carry out electrical safety testing and diagnostic assessments on all electrical equipment
* Deliver / collect medical equipment /devices in line with customer contract
* Provide technical information, advice, and assistance regarding medical devices/equipment during installation and after to maintain customer relationships
* Service existing installations to agreed standards, providing advice and guidance on appropriate use of the equipment, cleaning methods to assist performance of equipment / devices
* Adapt established procedures, and develop new solutions to solve technical problems that arise in installations and maintenance of medical devices and equipment
* Use company systems to maintain up-to-date customer records; track enquiries, access information, checklists, guidelines and other materials for assisting customer's enquiry
* Coach less experienced service technicians to help them respond to installations / maintenance enquiries accurately and promptly
* Manage the stock to meet business needs and demands, ensuring goods are stored correctly and safely and space is used efficiently
* Assist the business to analyse customer enquiries to identify recurring problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where service can be improved
* Provide an out of hours on call service via rota 7-day shift pattern which will involve unsociable hours.
The Ideal Candidate:
* You will have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues
* Previous experience in a maintenance environment (ideally care or hospital environment)
* Previous experience in a mechanical or electrical environment an advantage
* City and Guilds 2377 Electrical Safety Testing
* An awareness of health and safety in a technical environment, with manual handling requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers and work colleagues
* Be self-motivated and work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment
* Good IT skills with experience of Outlook, PDA /Smart Phone and ERP (SAGE 200) preferable
* Knowledge of UDI/Barcoding and other traceability systems an advantage.