Up to £9.38 per hour
about 2 months ago
Department: Front of House
Salary: £9.38 per hour
Job Title: Receptionist
Contract Type: Casual Cover
Reports to: Building Manager
This is for casual cover on an ad hoc basis
This particular advert is for one days cover on Tuesday 10th April 2018, however, there will be opportunities to cover further dates.
JOB SPECIFICATION - DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW:
The Receptionist is responsible for all Reception, Facilities Help-desk and Switchboard services. We need a talented, enthusiastic receptionist who will be creating the best first impression and high levels of professionalism to both internal and external clients at all times.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Meeting and greeting clients/visitors & contractors,
Dealing with internal/external telephone calls,
Log guests on to a computerised booking system,
Produce & issue visitors passes,
Advise hosts of their guests' arrivals and where necessary offering directions,
Ensuring reception area is well maintained at all times
Booking rooms via computerised booking system, arranging equipment,
Liaise with other receptions in regard to parking/visitors and mail,
Liaise with contractors,
Communicate with External & Internal Clients.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (e.g. shifts, travel overseas, hours):
The core service hours of Business Services are normally 08.00 - 18.00. The jobholder will be responsible for covering a shift as part of the team.
Person Specification - Receptionist
* Experience of working within a Corporate or Hotel Reception.
* Experience of working within a demanding fast-paced environment.
* Previous use of an electronic guest check in system
* Strong customer service skills.
* Good Educational Background and a solid command of written and spoken English
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel.
* City & Guilds / NVQ relevant to Reception
* Experience with facilities management
* A working knowledge of Power Point.
* A working knowledge of Visitor booking systems
* A working knowledge of Access systems
* A positive attitude towards developing the role, accepting responsibility and acting with initiative.
* Confident Communicator
* A strong team player with the ability to multi-task and priorities work commitments.
* Flexible approach to departmental requirements.
* The ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Good sense of humour and an approachable personality