£24000 - £25000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the plastics sector is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Technician to join their successful team based at their site in Caerphilly.
To be considered for this role, you must be self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills and have a Quality orientated manner to making things "Right 1st Time".
One of the main functions in the role is the ability to understand, analyse and compute data and situations to get to a resolution based on factual knowledge.
To ensure that all product is produced to the agreed standard as set by the Quality Department and thus to ensure Key Performance Indicator targets achieved to ensure all areas of waste are minimised to achieve LEAN manufacturing production.
Maintain quality requirements through ensuring all production is to the standard of the Work Instructions. Audit product quality through measurement as required and record the information. Work to all detailed job requirements as outlined below.
* Must be able to carry out CMM activities as required.
* Check all parts visually and carry out fit tests and dimensional checks. Ensure any operators in your area are working to the correct quality standards and are trained correctly.
* Ensure all Quality paperwork and samples are present and complete on the quality workstations.
* Inform Shift Manager or Process Engineer of any Quality issues as soon as possible, which helps us work to our internal scrap targets.
* Complete hourly visual, fit and dimensional checks on all components and record results for production, sample parts and processes.
* Hand over meeting at the end of shift to opposite number on shift with effective daily reporting to the management team.
* Participate in and actively promote the company's CIP by being proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency and looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
* Good housekeeping (5S) - ensure that the factory and surrounding areas are kept tidy and within health and safety guidelines and complete any 5S daily reporting.
* Offer cover for the Shift Manager and other Technician roles as necessary.
* Generation and completion of Last Off approval against First Off and Shop Documentation.
* Completion of Line Clearance and new job issue to machine, paperwork, master samples etc.
* On job completion, collation and return of production paperwork and process packs
* Collect and issue any gauges to the job and book back in to store at end of run.
* Communicate any quality alerts and ensure containment of suspect product. Organise rework / inspection activities on shift and communicate any ongoing issues to all staff. Support and drive the concern investigation to the defined process.
* Support for machine optimisation - 100% inspect after setter changes.
* Fault finding and problem solving.
The successful candidate:
* Must have worked in a similar quality related role previously.
* Experience carrying our CMM work.