Up to £28000 per annum
30 days ago
Job Role : Quality Process Engineer
Overall Purpose :
To be considered for this role, you must be self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills and have a Quality orientated manner to drive and promote the making of things "Right 1st Time". One of the main functions in the role is the ability to understand, analyse and compute data and situations to get to a resolution based on factual knowledge.
Maintaining the high standard of product produced is to the agreed levels as set by the Quality Department and Customers. This must include an excellent standard of various engineering process knowledge with solid drawing and specification interpretation.
This is to ensure that our Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved whilst driving all areas of waste to be minimised for the company to achieve LEAN manufacturing production.
Principal Accountabilities :
* Set quality requirements through ensuring all production is to the standard required.
* Audit business & product processes to ISO 9001 : 2015.
* Must be able to define set & perform CMM activities as required.
* Check all parts visually and carry out fit and dimensional checks. Ensure any operators are working to the correct quality standards and are trained correctly.
* Define & issue any relevant Quality standards & process documentation.
* Manage any Customer issues from initial containment of suspect stock through implementation of corrective actions to full closure. This will include report compilation using investigative techniques such as Ishikawa, 8D,
5 Whys, PDCA.
* Own and communicate any quality alerts internally & externally. Organise rework / inspection activities on shift and communicate any ongoing issues to all staff. Support and drive the concern investigation to the defined
* Ensure effective communication throughout all shifts by exhibiting open lines across different departments and to the management team.
* Actively promote and drive the company's CIP by being proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency, and looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste to achieve
* Must be proficient in the defining, generating and maintaining the processes needed for the effective process approval - from initial customer enquiry through to full PPAP signoff.
* This must include good factual decision making with a drive to problem solving activities and good analytical skills to interoperate such activities as Risk Assessment, FMEA , ISIR, IMDS, APQP, MSA.
* Define and manage the use of any gauges required within the business.
* Be able to cover for the Shift Manager and other technical roles as necessary and carry out any other reasonable request from a senior member of staff.
* Take the initiative for good housekeeping using 5S principles to ensure that the factory and surrounding areas are kept tidy and within health and safety guidelines.