Up to £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the Automotive sector is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer to join their successful team based at their site in Caerphilly.
Working on site for this globally recognised manufacturer, our client is looking to appoint an enthusiastic exceptional Quality Engineer to be involved with the inspection & maturation of automotive components.
Working within the quality function, you will take technical responsibility for the quality development of parts and the ongoing quality performance of the supply base.
* Deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced automotive environment.
* Develop & implement continuous improvement activities in the department.
* Full understanding of technical drawings and datum strategies.
* Deal with customer complaints/escalations in a polite and timely manner.
* Dealing with supplier quality issues, calibration, dimension reports, customer layouts, control of quarantine.
* Auditing both internal and customer audits, good working knowledge, auditing and implementing IATF16949
* Have knowledge of Quality tools (8D, 5WHY, fish bone, capability studies, MSA, R&R, PPAP, APQP)
The successful candidate:
* Min HNC/HND qualified in an engineering / Quality disciple.
* Have experience in Quality Engineering within the automotive industry.
* CMM Programming knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
* Be a strong team player and possess great communication skills.
* Be methodical and maintain attention to detail.
* Be PC Literate (Microsoft office).
* Be able to travel if required, including overseas.
* Have experience of working with 'in process measurement' would also be advantageous!