£32000 - £34000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
2 months ago
Quality Engineer Opportunities (x2)
An opportunity not to be missed!
Our client are leading manufacturing experts within their field and advancing the pace of innovation.
Due to significant growth they are looking to recruit x2 an experienced Quality Engineer to join their successful, professional team, based at their site in Bridgend.
This role is responsible for monitoring the quality of products within their allocated Value Streams - to maximise the 'Right First Time'. Also, assisting so that corrective actions are carried out in a timely manner.
* You will also support Continuous Improvement activities by working alongside CI Engineers/Supervisors for their designated Value Streams.
* Supporting regulatory activities within the Product Environment.
* Review of Hold Cages and Control of Non-Conforming Product.
* Data gathering and generation of KPI data.
* Responsibilities may also include the design and creation of gauge drawings/overlays using AutoCAD LT and data gathering. The ability to read drawings and use a variety of gauges including but not limited to CMM and Shadow graphs.
* Work with materials group to plan cost effective production and ensure that parts are available. Ensure that deliveries meet required lead times.
* Maintain first class safety standards ensuring legal full compliance and push toward best practice.
* Ensure that all processes are fully documented, and standard operating procedures are followed in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
* Ensure that resources are planned and organised effectively so that product delivery schedules are met. Manage staffing levels and shift pattern accordingly.
* Work with engineering team to maintain production equipment and maximize uptime.
* Maintain bill of materials allowing cost of goods calculations.
* Review and improve processes ensuring maximum benefit is obtained from the Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.
* Develop staff to help them achieve their full potential. Carry out annual performance reviews.
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives. Push toward leaner operations including greater levels of automation.
* Provide input to address to customer feedback and other quality issues.
* Assist R&D and Product Management on new product initiatives.
The successful candidate:-
* HND or equivalent in an Engineering subject.
* Background in Medical Device Manufacturing or highly regulated industry.
* Experience with quality tools such as Minitab and be conversant with report writing using Microsoft Excel, Excel and SAP systems.
* Good understanding of clean room operations and sterilization validation would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of Zimmer Biomet products and processes would be advantageous i.e. Metal cutting, Polishing Operations, Coatings and Wash processes.