Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
6 months ago
Role - Quality Control Technician
Location - Baglan Port Talbot
Rate of pay - Competitive Rate of Pay
Contract - Temporary
Centric Recruitment have an immediate requirement for a Quality Control Technician for our well-established client based in Baglan.
Duties of the job -
* Logging of raw material and packaging deliveries, recording of traceability details. Evaluation of delivery paperwork
* Determination of sampling and testing requirements, generation of sampling paperwork
* Controlled sampling of raw materials, completion of raw material sampling records
* Submission of samples for internal testing
* Submission of samples for external testing
* Assessment of supplier certificate of analysis/certificate of conformance. Making release/quarantine decisions
* Collation and evaluation of test results. Making release/quarantine decisions
* Evaluation of raw materials, checking material attributes against standard, making release/quarantine decisions.
* Collate, record and retrieve retained samples.
* Evaluation of packaging materials checking artwork/attributes against standard, making release/quarantine decisions
* Quality related SAGE transactions, stock movements, reports etc.
* Generation of supplier non-conformance notices
* Food hygiene awareness
* Conduct tapped and bulk density testing
* Conduct FTIR analysis
* Conduct water activity testing
* Conduct monthly factory audits.
Skills / Experience Required Essential Skills
* Good computer literacy skills including Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills
* Capable of working under pressure
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* GCSE Maths & English
* Sage Experience