£21559 - £23350 per annum
5 months ago
Our client leading manufacturer within its field. Due tot heir continued growth, they are looking for a Purchasing Technician to join the business.
As a Purchasing Technician you will be required to develop a supplier base consistent with price, quality and on-time delivery to support all production part and material requirements including supplier selection.
* Responsible for strategic sourcing of assigned commodity parts and cost reduction goals.
* Benchmarks assigned commodities, conducts market research and communicates directly with Global Acquired Parts ("GAP") buyers where and when applicable.
* Conduct supplier assessments for potential new suppliers.
* Sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests for quote (RFQ), evaluates and analyses results and recommends suppliers based on documented Quality, Cost, Delivery, Design, Management (QCDDM) in conformance with company standards, with focus on sourcing in Leading Cost-Countries ("LCC").
* Develops and executes sourcing strategies and prepares monthly reports to track and show sourcing strategy and progress, including achievement on spend reduction targets.
* Manage supply base to include renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
* Work with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plans and metrics to monitor performance.
* Visits supplier locations for Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE) workshops, tool audits, readiness audits, etc.
* Working with engineering, manufacturing, and other user groups to find cost savings opportunities.
* Prepares and monitors documents such as blanket and tooling requisitions, cost reduction worksheets, part analysis spreadsheets and industry trends of assigned commodities.
* Participates in and supports Alliance New Product Quality Procedure (ANPQP) activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
* Interface with internal customers on critical supplier issues as necessary.
* Interface with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part Production Part Approval Analysis (PPAP) and quality issues.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or another related field relevant to Purchasing.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Must be able to work in team and cross-functional work environment.
* Candidate must possess a high level of independent judgment, professionalism, integrity and honesty and have record of obtaining goal-oriented results.
* A second European language is a plus.
NB: This position will require some travel, globally or regionally depending on assigned commodities.