£37500 - £40500 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading Manufacturer is looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Senior Controller to join their successful team based at their site in Llanelli.
Reporting to the Senior Manager you will be responsible for the commercial negotiations with suppliers of assigned commodities including cost reductions, contractual terms, etc., and you will coordinate a purchasing team on new model sourcing.
As the Senior Controller you will be required to support on-time launch of new product programmes, and ensure delivery at or below target cost, with sustainable year-on-year cost reductions. You will also work effectively within the Purchasing department and with other departments/cross-functional teams to meet targets on free cash flow, quality, delivery and service.
* Coordinate Purchase activities on product programmes in line with European Project Management System ("EPMS") and/or internal Integrated Product Planning System ("CIPPS"), and internal Quality Assurance System for Suppliers procedures, and, develop New Product Launch strategies that conform to new programme requirements (incl. milestones) and commodity strategies, and that will deliver the BOM within target cost and on-time.
* Coordinate regular New Programme Launch reviews with the purchasing team to ensure a flawless supplier and programme launch.
* Effectively monitor project status, and escalate project deviations, opportunities and risks, including but not limited to cost, quality, delivery, supplier, etc., to senior management and programme team as they arise with countermeasures.
* Coordinate and lead efforts to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities through the development of commodity strategies supported by benchmark activities and detailed analysis.
* Responsible for commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers of assigned commodities.
* Manage supply base to include implementation or renewal of agreements, contract terms, and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
* Lead or coordinate Quality, Cost, Delivery, Development & Management ("QCDDM") assessments for potential new suppliers, and ensure suppliers accept QCDDM targets and that they have a plan to achieve these.
* Interface for product Purchasing in EPMS / CIPPS reviews, Major Project meetings, Total Cost Reduction Engineering reviews, Original Equipment Supplier ("OES") programme reviews, and ISO14001 audits.
* Effectively interact with other business units and/or regional purchasing employees, departments and/or manufacturing plant personnel.
* This position will require some travel, regionally and globally.
The successful candidate:
* Must be familiar with MRP systems
* Must have experience with systems and processes specific to the Purchasing function.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
* Must be able to work independently and within a team and cross-functional environment.
* Excellent organisation, motivational, communication, and analytical skills.
* Possess a high level of independent judgement, professionalism, integrity and honesty, and a record of obtaining goal-oriented results.
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, supply chain management, engineering or other related field relevant to Purchasing or equivalent.
* Experience within a similar role, preferably within an automotive industry or equivalent.
* Certified as a Green Belt or similar problem-solving / process improvement methodology.