13 days ago
Our client is a national law practice with numerous offices throughout the UK.
They provide various legal services including Family Law, Medical Negligence, Wills Trust &Probate, Property & Conveyancing to name a few. They are committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
Solicitor with previous litigation background required to deal with property disputes. The work areas covered include claims in trespass, breach of covenants claims, property damage and interference with easements. Providing excellent client care is at the fore. The primary role is to assess whether legal claims would be likely to succeed if they were to proceed to court. We conduct both money claims and claims for injunctive relief. The role requires analysis of complex legal issues. The majority of our clients are referred to us by Legal Expenses Insurers although we take instructions from the clients directly and therefore excellent client care skills are essential. This is a good opportunity to litigate on matter from start to finish, including arranging mediations and trials when necessary. This role provides the opportunity to be part of a large and expanding team with lots of potential for career development.
* Ensuring accurate advice is given to clients
* To manage a caseload dealing with property cases relating to boundary disputes etc
* Dealing with clients on the phone and (where necessary) face to face
* Using our case management system to progress the files
* Billing and invoicing
* Supervising other case handlers where necessary
* Attention to detail and ensuring an efficient progression of matters, ensuring SLAs are met
* Excellent use and knowledge of a case management system (Filestream)
* Excellent communication skills (must be able to deal with difficult clients)
* IT literate
* Candidates will need to be a fully qualified solicitor, Barrister or CILEX or with equivalent experience.
* Civil litigation experience is essential including civil procedure knowledge
* Excellent legal knowledge.
* Able to demonstrate can deal with difficult client issues and cases.
* Used to working to tight deadlines
* Previous experience in dealing with fast track and multi track matters.
* Experience in property litigation desirable.
* A generous holiday entitlement
Flexible benefits (including pension, childcare vouchers, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. Active social committees and support various charities/fundraising events
across the UK.
* An equal opportunities employer and is committed to, and realises the benefits of, having a diverse workforce.
* This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and Standard criminal record check. This information will only be used to
assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.