£8.61 - £9.24 per hour
28 days ago
temp to perm
Due to our clients continued success, Centric Recruitment have immediate requirements for experienced Production Operators to join their well-established team at their site in Bridgend.
Operators will be required to set up, adjust and monitor machines, as well as producing and testing the finished products. All Operators will work with co-workers, supervisors, engineers and managers to ensure that the results of their activities meet company standards and the expectations of the customers.
1. To conduct all daily activities in line with company quality standards and within the scope of relevant ISO procedures.
2. To be able to carry out daily maintenance functions, related to the equipment currently in use. This involves ensuring all machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
3. Ensuring allocated machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and periodic checks are performed on their output.
4. Reviewing the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
5. To maintain good housekeeping standards at all times following the 5S Criteria.
6. To carry out a reasonable amount of overtime including weekend working.
7. To obtain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and enforcing its use in the wearing of ceramic or textile overalls, respiratory protection, gloves and anti-static safety boots.
8. To work within the company management system, processes and procedures, to ensure compliance with all standards, legislation, governance and specifications.
9. To ensure the quality, environmental, health and safety policies are understood and where required the objectives, targets and key performance indicators are measured, evaluated and reported to demonstrate continuous improvement of the management system.
10. To promote and use the philosophy of reduce, re-use or recycle of all wastes, materials and products.
11. To ensure all activities reduce or eliminate pollution to the land, sea and air.
12. Carry out relevant training as and when required.
13. To undertake any reasonable request from Directors, Managers, Supervisors and other members of staff.
14. Understanding and application of the Company values on a day-to-day basis.
The positions available are on a temporary contract to start with view to becoming permanent. The roles will be on a 2-shift pattern of mornings and afternoons
Payrate inclusive of shift allowance are mornings £8.61 & afternoons £9.24.