£7.38 - £8.07 per hour
3 months ago
Job Title: Production Operator
Work Days: Various Shift patterns
Contract: 5 months
Salary: £7.38 - £8.07 per hour
Our client has opportunities for Bakery Operatives to work within their Cardiff production operation. The successful candidate will be part of the production team, undertaking an important role within the business. They are looking for people that are proactive, conscientious and diligent who will meet the standards required on site.
Purpose of the Role
The role of the Bakery Operative is to operate flexibility in a manufacturing environment, ensuring that Quality and performance standards are met, including all aspects of food safety. Health and Safety, product standards and specifications are met and improved. Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and ensuring a clean as you go policy is adhered to.
Some of the Role Key Accountabilities are:
* Responsible for producing specified products as per the Shift Managers instructions.
* Responsible for ensuring targets (KPI's) are achieved whilst maintaining quality, and all GMP standards are adhered to.
* Communicate regularly within the team and contribute to overall improvements on the line
* Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area and ensuring that all areas are kept tidy.
* Ensure all Health and Safety policies are followed and that accidents and near misses are acted upon and reported to the shift manager immediately
* To ensure that products are manufactured to a high-quality standard achieving the specification and that orders are met. Responsible for ensuring waste is kept to a minimum and taking a proactive approach to reducing waste.
* The job holder is responsible for working as part of a team and ensuring that all operatives within the team follow the Health and Safety and Hygiene requirements.
* The operative is responsible for ensuring that all goods meet all quality standards, and this is documented in full.
We are looking for someone that has the following behaviours/ Skills & experience
* H&S & Food Safety Legislation
* Problem solving techniques
* Experience of working to set targets and deadlines
* Strong Communication Skills and good social skills, gets on well with people.
* Good work ethic is essential as is reliability and commitment to the company.
* Have pride in your work and add value to the company