Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£35000 - £45000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the Electronics sector is looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
To manage the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. Ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
* Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule
* Ensuring that the production is cost effective
* Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
* Working out the human and material resources needed
* Drafting a timescale for the job
* Estimating costs and setting the quality standards
* Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
* Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
* Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes
* Liaising among different departments, e.g. purchasing
* Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
* Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
* Supervising and motivating supervisors and operators
* Reviewing worker performance
* Identifying training needs
The successful candidate:
* In depth knowledge of production planning and scheduling.
* Knowledge of procurement and material sourcing as well as waste management.
* Quality control systems.
* Working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
* In depth understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a high-volume manufacturing facility.
* Problem solving skills, commercial awareness and analysis/decision making skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and highly numerate
* Possess a Proactive not Reactive attitude
* Ability to set KPI's and assist all personnel in working towards them
* Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload effectively
* A team player with a helpful 'can do' attitude to your work
* A natural communicator with a flexible and adaptable character, highly motivated with good relationship building skills with the ability to adapt your style to suit both staff and customers