Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£43000 - £48000 per annum + DOE
3 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within its field is looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
Working to a 1-3-month horizon, the Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that the departmental teams have the 'tools for the job' by driving operations within the department. From coaching of staff to involvement in departmental budgets and cost saving plans, the Production Manager is a champion for people development, process and technical and operational excellence in the teams.
* Ensure plan is completed and discrepancies are reported accurately
* Ensure blockers to OTIF are removed or resolved
* Brief and investigate failures to adhere to planned levels.
* Assist in the planning and completion of trials
* Ensure completed Technical paperwork and samples are passed on to relevant supports.
* Ensure food safety is followed in the production of products
* Ensure area standards are set and maintained.
* Investigate and resolve specific quality issues highlighted through the NC/ CAPA process.
* Contributing to departmental budget and capital expenditure plans with team involvement.
* Defining KPI targets with team and measurement of such.
* Check investigate, and report yield failures (below 90%).
* Check and sign off agency spend invoices.
* Coaching staff and development of team members using a development plan to identify and review progress.
* Update and maintain training matrix.
* Identify training needs for self and team.
* Ensure all opportunities for training are realised.
* Responsible for disciplinary investigations and actions to an appropriate level.
* Developing and owning departmental improvement plans.
* Train team members to achieve improvement potentials.
* Support and guide groups to ensure improvements are delivered.
* Identify potential areas of improvement.
* Budget responsibility
* Health and Safety, ensuring risk assessments are available for all operations and are reviewed appropriately.
* Report and investigate accidents fully
The successful candidate:
* Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
* Able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of safety as our client operates within a highly regulated environment.
* Must have previous experience working with a variety of lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques as well as implementing them.
* Ability to manage a team in a FMCG environment
* Ability to drive change
* Significant experience of managing within a well organised, effective production environment, whilst having a great understand of efficient production planning.
Previous experience working within a Food/FMCG environment would be preferred.