Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly
£40000 - £45000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within its field is looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to join their successful team based at their site in Ystrad Mynach.
This role is responsible for the efficient production of all packed consumable items. It has responsibility for a team of approximately 60 staff. Focus areas includes ensuring first class safety standards, maintaining strong delivery performance for customers with high standards and addressing quality issues. In addition, the role will drive continuous improvement projects and will provide key input into the company's growth plans.
* Work with materials group to plan cost effective production and ensure that parts are available. Ensure that deliveries meet required lead times.
* Maintain first class safety standards ensuring legal full compliance and push toward best practice.
* Ensure that all processes are fully documented, and standard operating procedures are followed in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
* Ensure that resources are planned and organised effectively so that product delivery schedules are met. Manage staffing levels and shift pattern accordingly.
* Work with engineering team to maintain production equipment and maximize uptime.
* Maintain bill of materials allowing cost of goods calculations.
* Review and improve processes ensuring maximum benefit is obtained from the Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.
* Develop staff to help them achieve their full potential. Carry out annual performance reviews.
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives. Push toward leaner operations including greater levels of automation.
* Provide input to address to customer feedback and other quality issues.
* Assist R&D and Product Management on new product initiatives.
The successful candidate:
* Ability to manage a large team in a fast-moving environment
* Understanding of efficient production planning
* Knowledge of ERP systems
* Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
* Experience of ISO 9001 and 14001
* Able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of safety as it relates to a highly regulated environment. (NEBOSH qualification an advantage)
* Significant experience of managing within a well organised, effective production environment
* Previous experience changing a production process toward greater levels of automation and implementing this.
* It is essential that you have had great exposure to Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques.