£18000 - £23000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
5 months ago
Personal Injury Claims Technician [x 3 Vacancies]
(£18,000 - £23,000/annum
[flexible for the right candidates] + an Outstanding Benefits Package)
Due to continued expansion and success, our client is looking to grow all their legal teams & departments.
Your future employer is the UK's largest specialist motor insurance with an A+ rating from one of the largest insurance providers in Europe and work directly with motor brokers to insure their customers. They specialise in complex risks that other insurers can't write, as they have the highest calibre, experienced underwriters ready to write bespoke policies for customers.
They have a Personal Injury Claims Technician vacancy available within their very successful, dynamic and very experienced PI Team.
If you want an opportunity to fulfil your personal and professional aspirations, and share their commitment to excellence and customer service, then your future career is with this outstanding company.
Purpose of job:
To negotiate the settlement of claims in an efficient, fair and economical manner in accordance with the policy wording and Claims Handling Manual with a view to keeping control on cost. To provide an excellent claims service, maintaining Company Policy, and effecting speedy recovery of Underwriters' outlay where appropriate.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Validating claims and checking all details agree with Underwriters' records.
- Identifying and referring questionable underwriting.
- Arranging for the repair of the Insured's vehicle or payment of compensation where appropriate.
- Establishing clearly the circumstances of any loss and making appropriate liability enquiries.
- Comply with pre and post litigation procedures efficiently through the life of a claim with a view to concluding the case effectively and economically, to include legal costs or other.
- Where appropriate pursuing recovery of Underwriters' outlay and/or negotiating settlement of Third Party claims, having due regard to the question of liability.
- Attend conferences/discussion facilities relevant to specific claims as well as Court attendances as required.
- Pursuing recovery of uninsured losses where appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming post, work queues and telephone enquiries efficiently.
- Comply with all audit requirements.
- Assist in production of MI and its analysis.
- Validating accounts/fee notes and authorising payments.
- Mentor and train junior staff relevant to skill-set and technical ability.
- Ensuring that all matters are handled in accordance with the instructions laid down in the Claims Manual and amendments issued to it.
- Volunteer and participate in meetings and initiatives where appropriate.
- Assist Manager, Team Leader and other team members in all areas where appropriate.
- Support compliance with FSA & FOS regulation
- Working knowledge of the legal, regulatory and compliance provisions that apply to your product range, distribution channels and market or technical field in which you operate
- Detailed knowledge of our internal structure, operational practices and processes
- Detailed understanding of the technology and processes used to manage our claims service proposition
- Significant focus on delivery of a first-class customer experience
This is an opportunity not to be missed, so click on that 'APPLY' button below.
Alternatively, please send you CV to michael . goodwin @ centricrecruitment .co . uk
Still unsure? Then call Mike Goodwin on 02921 678736 for an informal and confidential chat.