4 months ago
Centric Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging & Artwork Technologist to join the Technical Services team at their client site in Hay-on-Wye. The successful candidate will have a flexible and willing attitude along with excellent customer service skills and be a strong team player with the ability to influence and collaborate.
The successful candidate will have:
- An interest in manufacturing and packaging experience in a Pharmaceutical or FMCG business.
- An interest in design, materials and process interaction.
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for all technical development aspects including:
- Design and development of new packaging formats to meet the customer, client and regulatory needs.
- Origination of artwork, packaging and process components to meet the customer, client and regulatory needs.
- Maintenance of site material and components specifications database.
- Co-ordination of supplier origination costs ensuing alignment to customer purchase order and invoicing.
- Development and maintenance of the site materials and component specifications including preferred site standards.
- Produce technical drawings and templates to support business and customer needs, this includes but is not limited to packaging and drawings within the scope of the job-holder's capabilities.
- Coordination and approval of customer supplied artwork printers / suppliers proofs
- Drive a Right First Time culture to deliver a zero defect performance.
- Connect across site to drive performance.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder's capabilities.
- Educated to BTEC HNC in a Technical, Engineering, Packaging or a science subject.
- Proficient utilisation of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio and a high level of computer literacy.