9 months ago
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for all technical development aspects including:
- Providing technical packaging solutions to enable the generation and approval of all new business quotations established product updates and new SKU extensions
- Identification of future Capital investment projects to improve the business offerings and competitive edge
- Design and development of new packaging formats to meet the customer and regulatory needs
- Origination of artwork and packaging & process components to meet the customer and regulatory needs
- Maintenance of site material and components specifications database
- Co-ordination of supplier origination costs ensuing alignment to customer Purchase order and Invoicing
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS, cGMP and technical standards, procedures and systems.
- Development and maintenance of the materials and component specifications and ways of working including but not limited to databases, specifications, templates, SOP's and training.
- Development and maintenance of the packaging development, origination and new product introduction ways of working including but not limited to databases, specifications, templates, SOP's and training
- Maintenance of the site component specification databases including preferred site standards
- Working in conjunction with Procurement to identify preferred suppliers for packaging materials.
- In conjunction with the operational group participate in Continuous Improvement Projects as required, including all OEE projects to ensure improved efficiencies, reduced waste and cost.
- In conjunction the operational group assist in technical, product and process reviews to resolve operational, performance and functional issues.
- Producing Technical Drawings & Templates to support business & customer needs, this includes but is not limited to Packaging and drawings within the scope of the job-holder's capabilities.
- Drive a Right First Time culture within operations to deliver a Zero Defect performance.
- Deliver products of Value at Optimal Cost.
- Build, develop and sustain the knowledge, capability and competency with the Operations team to support ongoing and changing technologies employed to meet the business objectives.
- Monitoring of future technologies and market trends identifying areas for potential investment including reporting and recommendations to senior and executive members.
- Create and sustain a working environment that promotes our clients Values and Behaviours. Connect across the business to drive Performance.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder's capabilities.
Scope and Authority:
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to SOPs, Health & Safety, GMP and other regulatory guidelines themselves and by team members.
- The job holder has direct people management responsibilities for their team members and ensuring that all KPIs, targets and any other deadlines are met individually and by the team.
- The job holder is responsible managing and maintaining capital project budgets as and where appropriate.
- This position has authority for expenditure as defined in the purchasing authority levels document.