Up to £30000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
about 1 month ago
(Circa £30,000/annum + Outstanding Benefits Package)
(Abergavenny, South Wales)
My client is a high-end food manufacturer with an innovative approach to food and ability to create products tailored to their customer needs means one thing, delighted customers that keep coming back.
With a constantly expanding portfolio, they are able to offer products across a variety of categories including snacking, ready meals, dairy and desserts.
We create bespoke recipes and finished products using both traditional handmade and modern automated processes.
As one of the UK's most exciting independent food products manufacturers have been able to build a reputation for quality, innovation, service and equally importantly, competitive pricing.
Due to their ongoing success and growth, they have an NPD Technologist vacancy available within their very successful, dynamic and very experienced team.
My clients is an integrated full-service provider and a trusted partner to leading companies in the global healthcare industry. They offer unparalleled expertise and experience in taking compounds from the earliest stages of development through to commercial launch, delivering speed to market and commercial success for our customers.
If you want an opportunity to fulfil your personal and professional aspirations, and share their commitment to excellence and customer service, then your future career is with this outstanding company.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Working as key member of the overall site development team you will lead and drive the Product Development Process from customer approval to project completion and launch.
- As part of this process a key remit is to ensure that the business follows an NPD process, to ensure launches are kept within company objectives and products are launched to a high standard and on time. You are expected to communicate both internally and externally with customers and the commercial team on your projects update.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of product development for your allocated accounts. The accounts may include retail, foodservice, business to business and export. It also, encompasses branded and own label product development and will include cost reduction projects and product re formulations / improvements.
- This is a customer facing role, you are a key part of the company's customer team. You are expected to be part of the initial concept presentation team to the customer and then follow the product through from the chef handover to factory launch.
- You are expected to support the commercial managers and development chefs with presentations and customer visits both on and off site, attending various customer meetings, trials, pre-productions, 1st productions and launches during this process.
- The role will require flexibility in approach as you will be required to work closely with commercial, technical, engineering, purchasing and operations production.
- You will be responsible for the submission paperwork during this process as per the customers individual requirements, as well as documentation on nutritional, micro, organoleptic, cook verification and other technical documentation as required.
- Degree qualified - ideally a BSc in a Food related subject or relevant industry experience within a similar role
- Level 3 Food Safety (Desirable)
- Level 3 HACCP (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of food manufacture processing equipment
- Working knowledge of raw materials functionality
- Working knowledge of retailer requirements on raw materials
- Computer literate
This is an opportunity not to be missed, so click on that 'APPLY' button below.
Alternatively, please send you CV to michael . goodwin @ centricrecruitment .co . uk
Still unsure? Then call Mike Goodwin on 02921 678736 for an informal and confidential chat.