£28000 - £30000 per annum
10 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer within its field. Due to their continued growth they are looking for an NPD Technical Support to join the business,
As NPD Technical Support you will be reporting to the Technical Manager; your duties will include:
* Manage the product development process from concept to launch including new ingredient sourcing, recipe development, packaging, market and label legislation.
* Manage and drive critical paths to deliver product launches and arrange post-launch review mtgs.
* Responsible for planning and conducting factory trials, ensuring products & process are in-line with ours and customer requirements.
* Document all data and information from factory trials including, factory trial report, shelf-life validation, organoleptic test etc comprehensively and legibly to establish process capabilities and support due diligence.
* Organise and arrange appropriate samples for lab analysis e.g. microbiological, chemical and transit trials, in-line with project timescales.
* To assist with artwork checking, including allergen, ingredient declaration & nutritional information.
* Helping to identify new concepts and gaps within our branded range in addition to customer label product match and NPD.
* Product Traceability checks according to established schedule.
* BOM managing as required.
* Approving new and existing suppliers for Raw Materials and packaging. Ongoing Supplier monitoring.
* Complaints monitoring.
* Management of relevant BRC documents to the latest issue as well as an understanding of the whole system in case of the absence of the Technical Manager.
* At least 3 years' experience within a food manufacturing environment
* A good basic knowledge of Food Industry and relevant legislation.
* Basic HACCP knowledge, knowledge of food production environment, awareness of GMP, BRC and Customer Code of practice, experience working in a specification department within the food industry is also desirable