Up to £33000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within the food sector is looking to recruit an experienced Multiskilled Technician to join them at their site in Swindon.
Responsible for completing a maintenance schedule, for fault diagnosis, and for problem solving, ensuring plant reliability and safety is kept to a maximum by the use of skill, knowledge and modern maintenance techniques within a highly technical production environment, by so doing maximizing output and quality of the product.
* Maintain and improve all factory services, machinery and electrical equipment with due regard to safety and engineering guidelines, through the use of computerised Planned Maintenance Systems and Predictive Maintenance Techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
* Monitor the condition of production machinery taking the appropriate action when necessary to improve the availability and working life of the equipment.
* Record details of engineering maintenance on the frontline maintenance system and monitor the use of materials and spare parts, taking appropriate action when necessary to re-stock ensuring future availability.
* Identify engineering material requirements and authorise engineering materials from stock.
* Follow stock requisition and purchasing procedures.
* Carry out physical stock taking at pre-determined periods.
* Have the skill and competency to carry out a broad range of tasks (including but not exclusive):
1. General Installation - Conduit, Cable Tray, Trunking.
2. Single Phase (240v ac) - Power Distribution and Lighting circuits.
3. Three Phase (415v) - Power Distribution, Motor Control and Testing, Control Gear/ Switchgear, Power Correction Equipment.
4. Control Systems (various voltages) - Programmable Logic Controllers (Mitsubishi), Temperature Controllers, Sensors / Transducers, Transformers, Timers, Safety Systems.
5. Testing - General Electrical Testing, Portable Appliance Testing. Understand the requirements and complete all statutory electrical tests in compliance with the Electricity at work regulations 1989, keep up to date with legislative changes.
6. Lathe - Concentric turning of external and internal diameters, Eccentric turning of external and internal diameters, Screw cutting
7. Milling - Vertical Milling, Horizontal Milling, Use of Dividing Head, Use of Rotary Table.
8. Welding & Fabrication - TIG welding mainly stainless steel plus some aluminium, MIG welding of mild steel and aluminium, MMA welding of mild steel, stainless steel and some cast iron, Oxy Acetylene cutting and heating, Plasma Cutting equipment used mainly on stainless steel, mild steel and aluminium. Have the ability to form and fabricate in stainless steel, mild steel, aluminium and various plastics.
* Have a full working knowledge of all plant processes and safety requirements, providing safe systems of work.
* Work within the quality systems specified by the BRC Global Food Standard. Carrying out engineering/electrical activities as detailed in written work instructions, ensuring tasks are carried out according to the agreed safety, quality and hygiene standards.
The successful candidate:
* Constant drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with ability to motivate others
* Committed, disciplined and well organised
* Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business
* Ability to work under pressure
* Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Working Safely
* NVQ level 3 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent City & Guilds or HNC) or equivalent
* Intermediate computer skills
* 3 - 4 years' experience of working within a similar environment
* An understanding of three phase electrics together with a sound knowledge of PLC control systems and broad mechanical experience
* Accurate and timely reporting skills