Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£25000 - £27000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturing company is looking to recruit an experienced Multiskilled Maintenance Technician to join their successful team based at their site in Aberdare.
Responsible for effective and efficient activities in repairing all machinery to National Standards. These activities include Planned Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Equipment reliability as well as using the CMMS system for the maintenance department. Optimizing equipment reliability through a continuous improvement plan and actively buying in to all company values with regards to Safety and training.
* Is aware of all IEEE, BS7671 Wiring Regs and Electricity at Work regulations including all safety rules applying to electrical work ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
* Can provide vision, goals, coaching, and priorities, ensuring that safety, quality, customer service and costs goals for the engineering and reliability function are successfully achieved.
* Will be responsible for the facility maintenance, ensuring optimum operation of all ancillary and peripheral systems in the plant and warehouse.
* Will be expected to use the CMMS program to provide optimum reliability to the operation of our manufacturing and ancillary systems.
* Can provide energy to the PM schedule to create a "best in class" environment.
* Consistently seeks alternatives to control and reduce spending. Promotes and generates improvement ideas and takes responsibility to complete on time and budget.
* Provides support to the production shift supervisor in reacting to breakdowns efficiently and successfully
* Is competent in use of Lathe, milling machine and other workshop machinery or willing to learn.
* Carries out day to day duties as required by the maintenance manager and to ensure compliance.
* Promote an environment of excellence in reliability engineering, predictive, and preventive maintenance as well as in each and every practice of the department.
* Responsible for plant facility and ancillary services.
* Carry out fault diagnostics on Electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment
The successful candidate:
* HNC/ONC or equivalent in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
* Have followed a recognized indentured apprenticeship
* Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems, electronic drives and controls.
* Basic computer software skills i.e. MS Office
* Experience of AC and DC drives is advantageous
* Awareness of basic Plc fault finding
* Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents i.e. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams
* An understanding of engineering regulations.
* Awareness of project work would be beneficial.
* Continuous Improvement - Has self-management skills and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
* Has experience with using lathe, milling machines would be advantageous
The shift pattern is 6-2, 2-10 and 7-3 (this shift will be call out cover for nights).