Up to £30000 per annum
10 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer are looking to recruit an experienced Multiskilled Maintenance Technician to join their successful team based at their site in Cardiff.
The primary objectives of the role would be to support and maintain the operations of a continuous production line under supervision of the engineering team.
Successful individual will be part of a multi discipline maintenance team providing a supporting role and be willing to step in and out of operator duties as necessary.
Applicant will have an interest in all aspects of engineering with a bias towards electrical and should be able to adapt to new technologies and concepts.
As the role would be within a multi-disciplined environment the successful candidate would have basic mechanical skills and be IT literate and willing to undertake any necessary duties which would fall within the maintenance department.
* Must have a good, varied understanding of electrical systems, performing all reasonable job requests to the highest level. Experience of motors, VSDs, PLC and communication systems are essential
* Understand fault finding and diagnostic techniques and shall understand engineering circuit schematics
* To understand mechanical concepts (Inc. Pneumatic and hydraulic systems) and to drive improvement projects
* Welding and Fabrication skills would be an advantage
* To work closely with and liaise with third party contractors and ensure they comply with site policies and procedures
* Provide maintenance cover during weekend on a rota basis
* Perform housekeeping duties in the engineering environment during any slack time
* Have a right first-time attitude with line reliability as a main priority
* Provide a positive 'can do' approach
* Seek to continually improve the production performance, focusing on reducing scrap levels and line utilisation
* Successful candidate(s) may be required to complete general plant and building maintenance
* Candidate would be required to fault find over the telephone by instructions from an 'on call' engineer and must understand their own ability
* Support the engineering team by carrying out systematic and continuous improvements to plant and machinery to improve existing manufacturing processes. This may involve out of hours working.
The successful candidate:
* Must have a multi - discipline approach as from time to time the role would require general maintenance work to be carried out.
* Will have an engineering interest with a good understanding of engineering concepts.
* Able to work within a small team.
* Experienced engineer with a good and varied understanding of plant operations
* The successful applicant will have completed a full engineering apprenticeship in a multi-disciplined role
* Qualified to HNC level is essential
Hours of work:
6:00 am - 6:00 pm
6:00 pm - 6:00 am
2 x 12-hour day shift
2 x 12-hour night shift
4x days off, + an element of overtime to suit business needs