Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent
Up to £34260 per annum
13 days ago
Our client a large manufacturing company who operates within the Automotive sector is looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join their successful team based at their site in Ebbw Vale.
Repairs and fulfils maintenance tasks for complex machining or assembly equipment, analyses and eliminates root causes for actual and potential breakdowns, fulfils inspections and preventive maintenance tasks for production equipment.
* Analyses breakdowns and errors at complex production equipment with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic components, if necessary applying diagnostic systems.
* Detects and describes the breakdown or error; defines approach to repair and eliminate breakdown/error in most efficient way, repairs equipment
* Adjusts and corrects machine control systems and machining/assembly programs together with setter
* Provides tests for programs and control systems, documents changes (machine manual, maintenance system)
* Checks performance of production equipment after repair/corrections (e.g. cycle time, bottle neck stations); initiates corrected actions if necessary
* Analyses and eliminates weak points and potential breakdowns at production equipment; proposes actions for improvements and/or design changes for equipment
* Executes on tasks out of corrective action plans; supports TPM activities of production teams
* Executes difficult and complex maintenance and inspection tasks for production systems) according to existing maintenance and inspection plans;
* Adjusts maintenance standards together with respective functional area
* Proposes and implements measures and actions to optimize production equipment by complying with the required production quality and equipment availability
* Builds, sets up and starts up elements of control systems for production equipment according to given plans and drawings; supports external providers in case of installation of new or extension of existing production equipment
* Proposes improvement for changeover process in order to reduce changeover time
* Indicates problems, initiates and proposes improvements for machines, equipment and processes
The successful candidate:
* Must be qualified to ONC level as a minimum in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
* Previous experience working within a CNC Machine shop environment is essential.
* Experience working within the Automotive sector is preferred.
* Basic PLC fault finding experience.
* Previous experience working in a similar role with advanced pneumatics/hydraulics and the ability to conduct problem solving analysis.
* Must be able to work a 3 shift pattern