Up to £11.5 per hour
about 1 month ago
Temp to perm
Due to our clients continued success, Centric Recruitment have an immediate requirement for a Skilled Mechanical Fitter.
The position has an immediate start for the right candidate on a 12-week temp to perm basis.
Main purpose of role:-
- Working safely to provide customer satisfaction with high quality equipment and service whilst maximising profitability through the efficient use of time and material with a positive commitment to continuous improvement.
- A Skilled Fitter is able to work unsupervised and minimal instruction and performs a wide variety of skilled and unskilled tasks related to the testing, servicing, manufacture and assembly of equipment. Specialist knowledge and ability in areas such as hydraulics, engines and braking systems. Able to assist with fault diagnosis and fault rectification tasks.
- Working unsupervised to provide assistance with the testing, servicing, manufacture and assembly of equipment including any related tasks such as painting and finishing. This can be with a variety of mechanical equipment such as (but not limited to) hand tools, power tools and cranes.
- Follow oral and written instructions and the accurate completion of company forms and recording systems (as examples).
- Carry out tasks in support of the business such as facility and support equipment maintenance and repair.
- Driving vehicles on company related business if required including the delivery and collection of parts and finished products.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in accordance with all company policies and procedures highlighting any concerns.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to continuous improvement with the implementation of company initiatives and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain safety standards but look for opportunities for improvement.
- Maximise profitability through the efficient use of time and material.
- Find opportunities to enhance customer value and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring an efficient, tidy, clean and safe working environment.
- Complete assigned tasks within time allocated.
- Level 3 qualifications in automotive or other engineering related subjects or a recognised time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience of tools and materials in general mechanical and electrical equipment.
Operate hand and power tools and equipment.
- Follow oral or written instruction.
- Work alone or with others (Committed team worker). Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
Due to the nature of the position, must have mechanical ability; manual dexterity and a physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position. There may be occasions to work at heights such as ladders, staging and equipment in build.