Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Up to £18408 per annum
2 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Material Handler to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Team Leader, the successful candidate will play a key role within the team to ensure KPI's and material WIP targets are met efficiently, accurately, on time and to the highest quality and food safety standards: -
Duties include: -
- Preparation of kits to ensure all lines are ready for the next shift enabling a smooth start up.
- Liaise with Line Leaders and Warehouse operations to ensure production targets can be met and highlight any discrepancies.
- Complete accurate cycle counts and highlight any inaccuracies within the Sage system.
- Manage the accurate return of surplus packaging to the warehouse.
- Undertake all quality checks required ensuring all traceability, temperature control is carried out.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to a high standard.
The successful candidate will: -
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for correct working procedures and personal adherence to various regulatory guidelines.
- Be proactive, able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure with problem solving skills.
- Be a good team player but able to work on own initiative.
- Have good numerical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Required to comply with Health and Safety regulations.
Previous experience, knowledge of operating procedures, Counter Balance \ Reach Truck Fork Lift Truck licence and basic IT skills an advantage.
Candidates should be educated to GCSE level or have at least two years' experience in a material handling or similar environment.
Hours of work:
6am - 2pm
8am - 4pm