Up to £49000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
5 months ago
Manufacturing Shift Leader Opportunity
Do you have experience of working with continuous improvement tools (Such as 5S, CAPA, RCA, VoE and TPS?
Do you have knowledge of engineering processes including CNC operations (milling, turning and grinding performed)?
If so, then this is the role for YOU!!!
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Shift Leader to join a forward thinking medical company who are at the forefront and leaders in their field.
Due to ongoing growth, the company needs YOU to be part of this ongoing growth and success.
This position is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of all aspects of a manufacturing business unit on a shift basis, including adhering to established quality, production, and regulatory standards, staffing, production output, costs and customer order fill rates.
This company is seeking individuals with the drive and leadership skills to make a difference in the new business unit structure.
Looking for someone who: -
* Adheres to and is in compliance with all safety procedures and practices. Immediately reports any safety concerns or violations to management. Is proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
* Maintains positive contacts both within the immediate group and with other areas for exchange of information. Works as part of a group within each process.
* Learns and applies concepts of lean manufacturing as applied to assigned area. Helps complete visual management (SQDP) tools as directed. Adheres to the 6S requirements of assigned area and is responsible for regular audits.
* Participates in process improvement activity with other members of the business unit, enforces lean practices and sustainability and ensures standards are maintained, including adherence to 6S standards, SQDP board information accuracy and value, visual management, quality KPI's and first pass yield performance.
* Consistently achieves individual production output targets and productivity objectives set by the production supervisor.
* Drives root cause and corrective action within the BU for issues affecting performance.
* In conjunction with the Production Supervisor works with the maintenance team, to ensure optimum machine availability within the cell.
* Where necessary and appropriate will deputies for the Production Supervisor in team meetings, business unit meetings or in discussions with functional teams.
* Works in conjunction with the Production Supervisor to ensure departmental training plans are kept up to date and, where necessary, help with the training of operators to ensure the highest standards of compliance.
You will have: -
* Experience of working with continuous improvement tools (Such as 5S, CAPA, RCA, VoE and TPS).
* Competent in using MS Office
* Knowledge of engineering processes, including CNC operations (milling, turning and grinding performed).
* Experience of audits, GMP practices and regulations