Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Up to £33000 per annum
8 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer within its sector is looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical Bias to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
* Equipment Safety checks and reporting on equipment.
* Involvement to upgrade or replace unsafe equipment.
* To replace faulty parts with correct specification fit for purpose.
* To carry out equipment testing as prescribed in the PM.
* To ensure permits are raised where required.
* Responsible for your shift in line with reporting and operational leadership.
* Responsible for organizing, prioritizing and tracking of the PM's week to week basis.
* Involvement on all site equipment repairs and safe operational performance in line with
appropriate formal maintenance regulations.
* Carry out repairs to in line with company's compliance methods.
* Involvement and innovative creative ideas/approaches and solutions to problems.
* To Align with the Engineering and Production Manager and provide Daily/Weekly feedback.
* Creating and maintaining spares lists for each of your designated equipment.
* Tracking and monitor downtime issues.
* Formal weekly updates to include Effective PM Status, Daily & Monthly checks and production issues.
* Support and drive cell improvements and align with lean saving objectives.
* Provide the necessary technical skills to support improvement events.
The successful candidate:
* Qualified to ONC/HNC level as a minimum
* Able to demonstrate strong mechanical/electrical skills in the daily requirements and needs for the business to operate efficiently.
* Demonstrate a safe working attitude, show flexibility when a major task or repair is being carried out.
* Show flexibility to change shifts where required at short notice.
* Capable dealing with contractors, inductions, setting out permits and controlling contractors.
* Capable of email or phone calls speaking with suppliers to resolve problems.
* Computer literate
* Ability to react and deal with breakdown emergencies and work under pressure.
* Logical, rational problem solver
* Diligent, detailed and accurate approach to issues
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates integrity
* Willing to work shifts