Excellent Benefits Package
4 months ago
Legal Assistant (Family/Matrimonial) Opportunities
Due to continued expansion and success, our Client is looking to grow all of their legal teams & departments.
They have a Legal Assistant vacancy available within their Family/Matrimonial Team.
Apart from offering the satisfaction of a being part of a successful team and working for a top 100 Legal firm you will receive a competitive package and the opportunity to develop your career within a supportive and encouraging environment
Purpose of job:
You will be the Legal Secretary who will provide a total support service to the Fee Earners, enabling him/her to operate at optimum efficiency. The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To prepare correspondence and documents using audio typing, word processing or digital
- dictation methods
- To administer filing systems which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary for the partner
- To provide support to Junior secretaries and other secretaries as required
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such communication in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the practice's standards for client care
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and take responsibility for own self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all practice and client documentation and information
- To promote the practice when and where possible
- To maintain professional standards at all times
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities that may be required by the partner
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience in diary management and customer service
- Confident communicator with good telephone manner
- Previous Legal Assistant/Secretary (or similar) experience
- Previous experience working in a Family or Matrimonial role/environment