Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£20000 - £22000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client a leading specialist within its field is looking to recruit a Junior Developer to join their successful team based at their site in Port Talbot.
The Junior Developer's role is to hit the ground running in order to assist the IT Manager with the planning and development of a bolt on to current ERP system to make the day to day production function more visible. In addition to this ongoing development work there will also be the need for occasional RAD work.
The Junior Developer will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
There may also be occasions where the Junior developer might have to offer IT support.
* Scope and design modular functions to create a core internal data capture and reporting system/ cross function, bespoke.
* Liaison with key departments to decommision legacy spreadsheets to ultimately increase productivity.
* Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of business needs.
* Keep current with the latest technologies.
* Maintain, update and improve company website, monitor and report on all website activity.
The successful candidate:
* Degree in computer science, ICT or technology management and several years IT experience.
* SQL administrator level certification.
* Proven track record of developing bespoke systems.
* Up to date with current technologies
* Knowledge of SAGE 200 and its processes and apllications in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems, networking, website and communication technologies and protocols.
* In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong understanding of project management principles.
* Strong understanding and experience of crystal reports, or other report writing software.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.