Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff
about 1 month ago
Purpose of the role:
The IT Technician is responsible for providing the majority of first and some second line support to the client group users and will be required to travel to other sites around the UK occasionally.
Scope & Relationships:
You will work as part of a busy IT team, providing both break fix, and proactive support to the group of companies. Acting as the main point of contact for the day to day support and forming a good working relationship with the users concerned, you will develop an understanding of the business within the group and their needs and the IT systems in use.
* Providing timely first line support within the company, both in person and over the telephone using remote control solutions.
* Act as the point of contact for support call ticket logging using the Company's helpdesk IT system.
* Develop an excellent understanding of the IT systems
* Develop an excellent understanding of the business processes and procedures used within the group and how the IT systems apply to these processes.
* Develop the required skills and knowledge to provide an increasing level of Second line support.
* Undertake basic server administrative functions.
* Administer existing documentation and where necessary create appropriate documentation for IT systems.
A proven ability to provide excellent timely first line IT support on a wide variety of systems
* Microsoft Windows (versions 7 and 10)
* Microsoft Office / Office 365
* Desktop Hardware Support
* Basic understanding of Networking
Experience of providing IT support within a manufacturing environment world be an advantage.
Experience with the following systems would be an advantage
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2
* Microsoft Cloud Based Solutions
* Microsoft CRM
* A "can-do" attitude to ensure delivery of the highest service to all internal and external customers.
* Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines, multitask and prioritize.
* Detail-orientated, with a high level of attention to avoid errors.
* Fast-paced, astute and proactive.
* Proven ability to perform under pressure.
* Self-motivated and energised.
* A desire to take ownership of issues and see them through to completion.