Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
3 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the plastics sector.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri rotating hours between 8am-6pm
The Internal Sales person will report directly to the Central Sales Supervisor, alongside an existing team of Internal Sales professionals. The role will involve building key customer relationships through ensuring a high level of service and through promotion of the Company's dedication to quality and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure customer enquiries, received by phone and email, are handled quickly and efficiently using the bespoke computer system.
* Providing quotations for material cut to size based on customer needs, negotiating on price when necessary to obtain an order and secure future business.
* To increase sales and profits by developing relationships with established accounts and ensuring all key accounts are properly managed.
* Maintain customer records, including the follow-up of accounts which have a 'dormant' status in an effort to re-engage with the customer.
* To ensure a professional, friendly and consistent service is provided for the customer.
* Achieve and maintain a strong understanding of the products and services that the company offers.
* Have market awareness, including the pricing provided to customers by competitors, providing the Central Sales Supervisor with relevant information when required.
* Work effectively with other members of the team and other departments providing support when required.
* Work closely with Internal Sales and Warehouse staff across other branches and Head Office to ensure the best service for customers.
* To meet prescribed KPIs and objectives.
* Ensuring the customer is completely satisfied with the service offered, including the materials / goods are supplied correctly and to specification
* Previous experience, ideally in a similar role providing manual quotations
* Proven success and experience of selling.
* Proven ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
* Experience of answering queries via phone and email relating to goods and services.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
The package includes 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing up to 33 days with length of service, an additional day off for your Birthday, free car parking, 1 x salary life cover and 5% company contribution to a pension scheme after the probation period.