2 months ago
Our client a leading manufacturer are looking to recruit an experienced Import/Export Logistics Coordinator to join their successful team based at their site in Swansea.
* Work within the Production Department to ensure on time import/export of goods to our client's international customer base.
* Work within carrier agreements that help drive the overall carrier performance to support the growth of the company whilst ensuring best value, 100% quality and 100% delivery.
* Close control of logistics ensuring delivery schedules are met and preparing on-going reports for Company executives all form part of the role.
* Day to day shipping operation ensuring that all customer requirements are met on time and to quality standards.
* Creation of efficient import/export solutions taking into account the technical details of international transportation and HMRC legislation.
* Evaluate and select freight forwarders and Courier Companies for the movement of shipments. Monitor their performance levels and also actively seek new service suppliers to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
* Ensure full compliance of the regulations governing the movement of goods, ensuring that all legal requirements are looked into as well as conducting periodic reviews of the procedures to be certain that they are current and are within applicable legal requirements.
* Maintain information on export tariffs, licenses and restrictions.
* Liaison with various government and non-government departments like Excise, Export Control Organisation, Department for Transport, Shipping Companies, Insurance Brokers etc.
* Responsible for the execution of import/export documentation requirements to destinations globally, which include Letter of Credit shipments ensuring that the rules and regulations are followed according to the Country of destination.
* Maintain HMRC records. Monitor the Temporary Import and Export activity of the Company in respect of Customs Authorisations and ATA Carnets etc.
* In line with the Aviation Security Programme - Develop and maintain controls to limit access to the shipping area to ensure the integrity of consignments shipped out of the warehouse.
* Manage the Dangerous Goods Requirements of the business, arranging and taking part in Dangerous Goods Training to include preparation of Dangerous Goods consignments for export.
* Work with the Sales & Marketing team to help development of customer's shipping import/export requirements. Provide pricing quotations for the transportation of goods in response to proposals for future international business opportunities.
* Generate Customer Profiles to raise efficiency in functions of customer care.
* Provide regular reporting to senior management on logistics issues.
* Stay abreast with the changes in export laws and regulations that impact on the operations of the Company.
* Work within the Companies processes and procedures ensuring compliance to the quality management system.
The successful candidate:
* Qualified to HNC level or equivalent ideally within a relevant discipline.
* Experienced within a technical high growth medium sized manufacturing or Engineering business.
* Experience of export/import paperwork and procedures
* Experience of the legislation and procedures for the movement of dangerous goods
* Proven track record in developing carrier networks.
* International logistics and export/import experience.
* Experience of packing and shipping of Li-ion Batteries and dangerous goods internationally.
* Familiar with Incoterms and Letters of Credit. Planning, organising, negotiating, financial, budgeting and decision-making skills are all essential requirements, as is the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Strong market awareness, attention to detail and problem-solving are also necessary attributes.
* Commercially astute
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Organised and able to multi-task in a demanding environment, comfortable to operate under pressure.
* Confident computer user with supporting skills. Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook. Previous experience of using ERP Systems.
* High levels of integrity and professionalism
* Organised with a high level of attention to detail
* Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team and to motivate others in the team
* A proactive approach to problem solving
* Member of CILT. NVQ Level 3 or 4 on Logical Operations would be an advantage.
* Qualified in export procedures and paperwork and the transport of dangerous goods. Certified to Aviation Security Level G.
* Valid fork lift truck licence